Saturday, February 1, 2014

Utsuho's Heavenly Meeting

High above Gensokyo floats a set of islands, known as Bhava-Agra. Alternately known as Heaven, various immortals dwell there, looking down upon the world below.

And today, there was a very unexpected visitor.

"Uh, hi, I'm looking for Tenshi?"

Being from the polar opposite of heaven, Utsuho Reiuji felt just a little awkward up here. She was relieved to notice the blue-haired Tenshi Hinanawi heading her way - at least someone was there she recognized.

"Hey, Utsuho. What is it?"
"Hey! I uh... sort of wanted to ask you about the sword, actually..."
"Aw, c'mon, don't tell me you busted it. I'm itching to have it back, this place could use a shakeup!"
"Actually, it's about the shakeup thing. I can't seem to get it to anything other than control the weather, but I've seen you do more with it."
"Alright, lemme see. I didn't really give you much of a lesson in this, did I?"

As Utsuho drew the Sword of Hisou, Tenshi's eyes lit up at the sight of her long-lost weapon... and noticing the red blade, she immediately took it from Utsuho.

"Well there's the problem. It's sealed for some reason, dunno how, but it doesn't have any tie to earth powers. Just gimme a second..."

A dramatic pose and a flash of red later, the red blade was now a bright yellow. Tenshi gave it a spin and stabbed it into the ground, causing a few large rock pillars to burst up around her.

"Alright, that's taken care of. Now, do you want a training session in this, or...?"
"Sure! I'll master this sword, just you watch! It can't be that hard, can it?"


----------------------------------------------------

"Blarg... why didn't you tell me it would be this hard..."
"Hey, I'm the one you sent flying so many times..."

The Gensokyian pair lay on the ground, worn out and tired. As it turned out, Utsuho was not cut out to use the sword's earth powers, and her repeated attempts at doing so had caused earth pillars to bash and batter the duo instead.

"So hey, if you're done using the sword, maybe I can have it back. I could create all sorts of shakeups downstairs, c'mon, please?"
"...I think I'll hang on to it for now. With all the chaos back at this ship, I could really use it. It helped a lot this year!"
"...Reimu put you up to this, didn't she. If I see her she's going to be pelted... wait, what was that about chaos?"
"Oh, it's actually a really interesting place on this spaceship! There's all kinds of menaces and enemies and fighting! Like this big evil organization, and this space dragon, and there was this one faceless guy trying to take over the world..."

It took over an hour for Okuu to relate the entire saga of the ZFS adventures, and while she didn't notice it, a glint had appeared in Tenshi's eyes whenever she brought up the more exciting parts.

"...And so now I'm going back to see him and everyone else next year!"
"Good for you I guess. So you're saying that there's all kinds of battles and other exciting junk there... Where'd you say this place was, again?"
"It's in space, but you'd probably need a ticket... Ah, the time! I should get back! Seeya, Tenshi!"
"Right, bye then."

As Utsuho ran off to return to hell, Tenshi Hinanawi stayed there, thinking deeply about Utsuho's story. While the parts about Samus Aran and Pit Angelos hadn't really interested her, the descriptions of the fights and other excitement had intrigued the celestial.

"Hmm. A ticket, she says... Looks like I might need to find out how to get one of those myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment